We’re a specialist consultancy looking for an excellent Account Director or Senior Account Director. This person will take a leading role on media relations for a key client account, as well as working proactively to grow our own business.
This is a position for someone ambitious with an entrepreneurial mindset, who’s keen to help build a company. It’s a rare opportunity to make a big impact in a specialist firm, with great promotion opportunities as a result.
- Work within a small and specialised team to support clients with media relations.
- Act as day-to-day account lead and drive a strategy designed to change the media narrative around an important renewable energy technology, designing programmes and campaigns that lead to positive media engagement. You'll work in lockstep with colleagues who are focused on political engagement.
- Deliver tactical results in media relations on a day-to-day basis, including rapid response to media enquiries.
- Help to build new business proposals and ideas based on the megatrends in the energy transition, both in the UK and internationally.
- Be a key driver in new business development for Helmsley Energy.
- Build positive working relationships with journalists and other influential stakeholders on behalf of Helmsley and our clients.
- Work closely with senior colleagues and manage junior team members, including those with non-media backgrounds.
- Confidence: You'll be the media lead on a key account, so you need to be authoritative and confident when engaging with people inside and outside the company.
- Intelligence: We need someone who can grasp complex issues and think creatively. We’re looking for a university degree that demonstrates strong intellectual ability, or work experience that does the same.
- Experience: 5-10 years in corporate/media relations (agency or in-house, or as a journalist) with experience in a highly regulated sector. We're open to hearing from Senior Account Managers who can show they're ready to step up to a bigger role. You don’t need to know energy inside out, but it will help. You should be very comfortable handling public policy issues.
- Writing excellence: Writing and presentation skills are essential in this role. You must be able to produce and present high quality materials in written form and in person to senior stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurialism: We’re looking for someone who’ll take a proactive role in new business development through marketing, promotion, thought leadership and networking.
- Ambition: You’ll have the chance to work on things that you wouldn’t elsewhere, and we’ll promote you quickly if you can rise to the challenge.
- Diligence: We’re looking for someone who’s hard working, has attention to detail and can take the initiative to support clients.
- New perspectives: We’re actively looking to build a diverse team.
- A competitive salary (£55,000 to £70,000, dependent on experience).
- Bonuses based on the success of you and your team.
- 25 days’ holiday. In addition you’ll get your birthday off and half a day extra before or after each bank holiday (to help you get ahead of the bank holiday crowds).
- Flexibility in your working week.
- We’ll invest in your training and development based on your needs and interests, including training in energy and sustainability issues.
Please apply as soon as possible. We will appoint as soon as we find the right person, so please don't delay.
To apply, send a CV and a short cover letter (no more than 400 words) to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.