We’re a specialist consultancy, helping our clients to navigate and shape the energy transition. We’re growing, so we’re looking for an Account Executive to build our capacity and work across a range of client accounts and new business projects.
We’re looking for an intelligent, hard-working consultant who wants to help shape one of the biggest megatrends of the 21st century: the global energy transition to net zero emissions.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of a dynamic, specialist firm, with great opportunities to accelerate your career and make a big contribution to the growth of the company. You’ll get opportunities to do things that an Account Executive doesn’t usually get to do, in terms of working with market-leading advisors and a range of exciting client projects.
We’re seeking to hire quickly, so if this is the role for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Research on policies, political figures, organisations and public decision-making processes;
- Analysis of clients’ interests and where these overlap with public policy concerns;
- Development and delivery of client strategies to ensure effective engagement with government, via direct political engagement and through other channels (e.g. media, social media);
- Monitoring political and media developments and reporting changes to clients on a regular basis;
- Writing reports, letters, briefings and other materials to support the above work;
- Organising logistics for meetings and day-to-day client account management;
- Supporting senior colleagues on client accounts and new business work;
- Attracting and securing new business, including through out-of-hours networking and work on marketing activities;
- Developing a broad network of contacts in politics and the media;
- Other administrative tasks to support the work of the business.
- Confidence: We’re looking for a confident, proactive individual who can put forward ideas, build their own areas of expertise and help to shape our company from an early stage.
- Intelligence: We need someone who can grasp complex issues and think creatively. We’re looking for a university degree that demonstrates strong intellectual ability, or work experience that does the same.
- Writing excellence: Writing and presentation skills are essential in this role. You must be able to produce and present high quality materials in written form and in person to internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly engaged: You should be actively interested in the political world, public policy (especially energy transition-related) and business strategy. Even if you haven’t worked directly in energy, you’ll need to have an awareness and understanding of some of the key technologies and issues involved in the energy transition.
- Experience: You don’t need to have direct experience in energy - we’ll provide training - but it helps if you can show experience in a highly regulated industry.
- Ambition: You’ll have the chance to work on things that you wouldn’t in an equivalent role elsewhere, and we’ll promote you quickly if you can rise to the challenge.
- Diligence: We’re looking for someone who’s hard working, organised, has attention to detail, and can take the initiative to support clients.
- New perspectives: We’re actively looking to build a diverse team.
- Competitive salary, depending on your experience.
- Bonuses based on the success of yourself and the wider team.
- 22 days’ holiday. In addition you’ll get your birthday off and half a day extra before or after each bank holiday (to help you get ahead of the bank holiday crowds).
- Flexibility in your working week (working hybrid from the office and home).
- We’ll invest in your training and development based on your needs and interests, including training in energy and sustainability issues.
Please apply as soon as possible. We will appoint as soon as we find the right person, so please don't delay.
To apply, send a CV (no more than two pages) and a short cover letter (no more than 400 words) to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.